Write for us if you…
…want to share your expertise, knowledge and experience gained from handling or starting a business.
Let’s get to know World Islamic Economic Forum’s (WIEF) online magazine, In Focus. It concentrates on everything pertaining to business. It’s a repository of business knowledge and experience in the form of articles pertaining to a variety of business – SMEs, start-ups, macro and micro – from around the globe.
Within its pages, articles for In Focus are written by experts on a myriad fields, thus disseminating information and experience to our viewers. It strives to maintain its international, apolitical and inclusive traits.
Below topics are a guide that should be able to give you an idea as to what would suit In Focus:-
- The global economy
- Banking and finance
- The halal market
- The creative economy
- Technology and science
- Success stories
- Insights and in-depth analysis into the state and opinions of industry pioneers and field experts that shape our business world
- Current trends in economies
- Unique business opportunities
Checklist for article submission
- Between 600 – 1000 words per article
- Submit at least 3 x photos relevant to the article of at least 1MB in size and in landscape format
- 100 words biography of author
- Include byline/name of author
- Credits for photos given
Terms and conditions
- Submissions are strictly on voluntary basis. No fee will be offered. However, we’ll be more than happy to add one or two hyperlink(s) to your business or relevant website as long as it’s legitimate and relevant to WIEF’s objectives, at WIEF’s sole discretion.
- Submissions must be original pieces by the author and not plagiarised. Author bears responsibility on the authenticity of article’s content.
- Author holds the rights to article(s) and photo(s) submitted, however, WIEF requires prior written notice should the article(s) and photo(s) be featured in another publication (print or online).
- Author shall give consent for the article(s) and photo(s) to be featured in our print version of In Focus should the opportunity arises.
- WIEF reserves the right to reject any story deemed unsuitable.
- Process and publishing of each article takes at least ten (10) working days from the date of receipt acknowledged by WIEF.
- WIEF reserves the right to edit any submitted article for reasons such as length, relevance and readability.
- WIEF reserves the right to edit photographs for reasons such as relevance and appropriateness.
- Author hereby grants WIEF the right to publish, modify, adapt, reproduce, translate, distribute, create derivative works from, generally make available to the public and/or incorporate your contribution in other works in any media known or later developed.
- Author has the right to make the submitted article available for the above stated purposes, and that it is neither defamatory nor infringes any law.
- Author agrees to indemnify WIEF against all third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage incurred by WIEF as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Malaysia.